Friday, April 10, 2009

Makeup-

I find it very interesting the direction lyrics in rap music has taken since the inception of hip-hop in the late 70's. Back then, there was actual lyrical content! Every mainstream rap song I hear today frankly is all about "Bitches and Hoes." Rappers today claim that nothing but women and money run their lives, and they wouldn't have it any other way. I ask you, why can't anyone be original anymore? Is the degradation of women really the hottest thing to rap about today? I know there was a sexual revolution, but lets be serious. Are these rappers trying to battle each other to see who can make the most money off of degrading women? Being the gigantic supporter of music I am, I have grown tired of this practice of calling every woman a ho and a slut in music.....maybe artists should take a look up and realize what they are really saying, if they ever want a woman that matters in their life...But, in reality they will continue to sing what makes them the most money, which is sadly the degradation of women. I can't ever remember hearing the Beatles or Jim Morrison talk about their "bitches", however courtisanship is mirrored in their lyrics, and I am pretty sure they had much better women in their lives because of it. They did not need to refer to women as objects and things you can just use and throw away.

No comments:

Post a Comment